Monday, May 18, 2009

The Jack in the Box on 85th and Aurora

Do you ever get hella hungry at night? I know you do. And if you're out and about late at night, chances are good you probably think about getting some fast food at one of those all-nite drive thrus (Gross, I know, SHUT UP!) This is important: if you EVER find yourself at the Jack in the Box on Aurora and 85th at 4:45 in the morning, after a certain indescribable personal experience on the hill, DO NOT LOOK INTO THE DRIVE THRU WINDOW. I REPEAT: DO NOT LOOK INSIDE. The sight you will see will make it hard to eat your curly fries and spicy chicken burger in shameful silence in your car. It may make you throw up, violently, all over yourself. You've been warned.

2 comments:

anna.roth said...

okay, I'll bite. WHAT DID YOU SEE??? I am super-curious.

Steven Blum said...

Overflowing trashbins. Goopy congealed grease running down the sides of the stainless steel greaser. Dirt on the floor. You know: all the things you expect to see. But for some reason I really SAW it that night, instead of just glancing by nonchallantly.

I've had so many fast food wake up moments (Michael Pollen, Eric Schlosser) but this one really does it.

...I hope.