Monday, September 1, 2008

Lauren Weedman Does Not Want To Sign Your Book

Funnylady Lauren Weedman was at Bumbershoot yesterday, and I tried to flag her down after her show for an autograph but she was too busy talking to a gay dude and doing a shtick about how no one buys her books.

"This is pathetic. Just one person," she said, looking at me, the sole person in line, holding her own book. "Hi there!"

I handed her the book and said, "just write something offensive in it."

This is what she wrote:



In case you can't read her handwriting, the note says:
"Steven- I was really busy and you rudely interrupted my friends and I. Thanks."


I think I adore her even more now

3 comments:

Traxis of Evil said...

Shouldn't that be, "...my friends & me." ?

David Sedaris appeared several years back at a fundraiser for the Fremont Public Association and he signed my book, "Thank you for helping all the fucked up people." That was back when he smoked and had teeth the color of French's mustard.

Anonymous said...

nice. along the lines of david sedaris signing with "good luck beating that rape charge". at least i eventually remembered that it came from one of his stories...

Unknown said...

When I went to a Chuck Palahniuk reading, he inscribed one of the books he was signing with, "I'm sorry, Dawn."

I still don't know what I said to make him write that.