Saturday, November 29, 2008

Liveblogging Dinner with Lindsey at Pies and Pints (UNSUCCESSFULLY)

PIES AND PINTS DOESN'T HAVE ACTUAL PIES. like with fruit and butter. just this meat crapola. it's like visiting a frozen yogurt shop and, oh, i don't know, being served yogurt with meat in it. Or regular yogurt. It's more than false advertising, it's lying.

I'm now sitting with Lindsey, my friend, who arrived hella late. She is studying the menu, knowing she will not be able to eat an actual dessert because Pies and Pints lies to their customers. She's wearing her dissapointed face. Her face makes me sad. Now she's casually scratching her nose. Now she's staring at the happy hour menu. Now she's staring at the actual menu. Now she's flipping her hair and looking away from me, annoyed. Now she just said "This is fun." Now she's really irritated with me. Now she asked me "are you typing what i'm saying now?" Now she's trying to close my laptop. Now she has closed my laptop. Now i'm experiencing an unfortunate feeling because i want to continue typing but I know she's really annoyed with me. Now I'm annoyed with me. Now I'm stopping. Now I just read what I just wrote to see if it was funny / revealing / representative of modern life. Now she's strumming her fingers against the table. Now this has reached a point of excess. Now I reaaallly should probably stop. OKAY. I'M STOPPING.

Now I'm back. Lindsey is talking to Daniel. Lindsey doesn't realize I'm trying to pay close attention to their conversation so I can type it down. Lindsey is not looking at me. Someone just walked by and said, loudly, "this is exciting!" I agree. I feel so covert. I am distancing myself from Lindsey by typing. Lindsey is going to hate me for this. Neither of them are saying anything interesting or noteworthy. The entire event is completely un-noteworthy. Now Lindsey is looking in my direction and making a very disappointed face. Now I am stopping.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i know you are probably just being silly but

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie

they come in sweet AND savory. I think the first pies ever made were meat pies-- you can blame the Brits.

P&P has some great desserts, one of them being a dense chocolate cake made with Guinness and Bailey's. You missed out!

Michael Strangeways said...

Wonky, hipster/slacker-jawed yokels seem to love this place...it is a mystery to me why this is so, but they seem comforted by the bland food, frothy beer and mediocre service.