Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sasha on Blogs

Newspaper and magazine writers work in a logical key: Start here, take a little promenade and then circle back to the beginning, careful to not knock over anything on the way. This smooth revolution feels good. I need it more than I'd like to admit. But someone's got to supply the mad love and raw justice, the garbage and the free food. I hope this is what blogs do. Lusty overstatement leads to good things, and full-on commitments are a requirement of the fully engaged life, even if the commitment is to Christina Milian.

I don't just like blogs for the pub fights. I like sentences and I think blogs are a good place to find them. I like blogs with very short sentences. I like blogs with very long sentences. I like the music of the prose on a lot of LiveJournal pages, because many of the writers haven't necessarily figured out what writing means, and won't necessarily be better off when they do.


Frere-Jones in Gawker.

It's an old interview, but it provided me with insta-comfort. That last sentence kills. I know, I know...meta alert. Isn't it wonderful and altogether fascinating and insanely productive when the media talks about the media? You learn so much about the world...no, but really, I love you Sasha.

No comments: