Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Facebook Pictures of Israel

A girl I met on the trip in Israel just tagged me in 14 pictures. I just looked at them. I'm now supposed to either approve or disapprove of them. I'm not sure. I know we usually disapprove of pictures when we look ugly in them, but I think I want to disapprove of these pictures on moral grounds. They are not pictures of me. The Steven in these pictures looks really fucking pissed off. I look vacant and checked-out. They were taken during the week of the birthright trip, when we were going everywhere all the time, and I was constantly posing for different photographs with different people and it looks like I've forgotten where I am and even who I am in them. I'm just sort of there, hovering, like a cardboard cut-out, with a smile-sneer on my face. A sort of "ohfuckingdamnit okay I'll be in this picture" kind of face. It's a roll full of cardboard stevens. Do ignore.

1 comment:

Ricky said...

That's so funny, I saw one of those photos and thought the woman was really cute and that you looked great! I was going to comment: "Does she have a brother she can introduce you to?" But I couldn't comment because she is not my "friend."