Sunday, June 29, 2008

Notes from the Seattle Gay Pride Parade

The pride parade today was totally disappointing. I was bored, on numerous occasions, for very long periods of time. Things I noticed:

There was a school bus driven by someone who thought it would be funny to pretend to careen the bus into the crowd on either side of the parade street. I would have read the message on the bus, but I was convinced I was about to be run over.

I was not run over.

Unfortunate acronym for a parade float: CWA.

North Face shoes clash with the tighty-whitey underwear go-go boy look.

Who Got Gay? Kube Got Gay.

Supporting Local Hotel Workers sounds a lot like Supporting Local Prostitutes. Hotel worker? I think: prostitute. Which is cool. I think we should recognize the prostitutes in Seattle. But, apparently, hotel workers aren't prostitutes. They're maids, who work in hotels. This was explained to me in a voice tone that implied I was an idiot.

I am not an idiot.

Where's the fag hag float?

What kind of hazing do you think occurs at a "gay fraternity"? I am now fascinated about the inner workings of such a place.

No comments: