Thursday, June 12, 2008

Public Meltdown on Myspace

I logged on to Myspace today and was greeted with the usual assemblage of moods my friends, and my strangers, are experiencing. This one caught my eye:

(deleted): I have nothing to say. I am so stressed out!!!!!!!!!! OMG 9 minutes ago.
Mood: drained


The woman webcasting her emotions is a woman I used to go to high school with. I haven't talked to her in years, but now I feel like I know more than I ever wanted to know.

Today's mood update is but one in a series of anguishing updates, like

(deleted): I just don't understand the world we live in 10 hours ago.
Mood: drained

(deleted): AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! 2 days ago
Mood: scared


(deleted): Fuck this. 4 days ago.
Mood: sad



If I run into her, I'll be approaching the conversation with baggage. The internet has already drilled a hole in her head, and allowed me to see the contents. What's left for her to say? She's already explained it all, and we haven't even talked.

No comments: