Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Writer's Groups

Today I stopped by the Hugo House to see if there might be any writer's groups I could join. I looked in the back by the bulletin board for a writer's group notice, but all the ads seemed to revolve around getting published. I don't care about getting published, I just want to bounce ideas off other writers.

The man at the desk at the Hugo House seemed a bit distracted (perhaps he was perusing a blog) and he had no clue about any writer's groups at the Hugo House, or anywhere in Seattle. I asked him if I could email one of the writers in residence to see if they knew about any writer's groups and he said 'sure.' So. Now I have a phone number for someone who may or may not have information about a writer's group.

I'm not a hopeless romantic here, I know a writer's group won't look like the Jew room at SNL, but I think it would be fun to read my shit to people, and hear their shit. I want to hear the way the writing sounds in my mouth and in the mouths of others.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Although I would like to be published, I've been looking for a local gay writer's group. Perhaps we should just form a group.

My name is Miles and my email addy is

bluecozmo@verizon.net

Anonymous said...

Did you ever find a group? I'm not interested in publishing, but would like to join a local writers group too! I'm Anthony: a.iconic.ironic@gmail

heather said...

Also wondering if you ever found a group. I'm interested in the same sort of thing.

heatherlilly@gmail.com

thanks!