Friday, March 7, 2008

"Facebook, eh?"

As I was sitting here thinking of something to write, one of the hot rugby players who is staying at Garden Court this weekend wandered past my computer, shot a look at the blue and white screen (I'm sure he couldn't actually see what I was doing) and said to me "Facebook, huh?"

I slowly turned my head around and looked into his eyes, bleary from staring at the screen for twenty-five minutes.

"Nope. Not Facebook," I replied.

The man sort of laughed, and left.

Sigh.

It still feels weird being online in this country, and sitting alone next to a computer. People look at me like I'm some kind of idiot savant. Why would I chose to be alone and write when I could be out in the sun, frolicking in the water? Where are my friends?

I doubt anyone would bat an eye if I was typing alone in a coffee shop in Seattle.

No comments: