Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Plane Home Was Death

Three screaming children seated next to me. Twenty-seven hours in the air. In this compartmentalized world, the flat screen TVs take over much of your time and brain space. Trying to find the right movie, fighting boredom, fighting exhaustion, fighting your feet, fighting the space in front of your feet, pretending the air you're breathing is actual air, fighting the voice that is telling you to leap up and do jumping jacks....

The Delta amenity kit calls itself earth-friendly because most of the products in it were made from natural, biodegradeable and recycled materials, produced in a facility in China and distributed to people like me who already have toothbrushes, headphones, lotion and eye-patches in their bags. I would have refused the amenity kit, had I not originally thought it was some delicious snack.

I watched like a gajillion films. Michael Clayton. Enchanted (until the Grey's Anatomy guy started to fall for that one girl and I was like 'oh no he wouldn't' and started watching the "Office" instead). No Country For Old Men. My Kid Could Paint That.

Michael Clayton was my favorite.

Okay and now I'm home.

Seattle...feels...very...quiet.

No comments: