Saturday, March 8, 2008

Reading Malcolm X

When I read his book, it made me want to write my own book, and it made me a little bit sad that I haven’t worked as a pimp or drug dealer for a period of time because then my life would be so much more interesting to read.

Instead my life is a bunch of fragmented experiences, with no anti-semitism or homophobia thread to tie them all together. Yeah, I’ve experienced both, but not to the extent that Malcolm has experienced racism. I also don’t know if I’ve even reached the point where I can spot homophobia or anti-semitism unless it is blatant, and it’s most usually covert.

Usually, I just assume people don't like me because they find me irritating, and being gay and Jewish doesn't mean you're automatically irritating, right? RIGHT?

UPDATE: I think this was what they call a false epiphany.

No comments: