Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Oy Vey



"The concerns about the misuse – accidental or intentional – of Science and Technology could have an optimistic resolution. Elsewhere, I have compared the present stage of history to the birth pangs – birth pangs of a true Civilization. As a sage said: what does not kill you makes you stronger. If we do manage to survive the bottleneck, the future may be indeed!"


...I'm sorry for putting you through that. I know: it's unintelligible. It was written by one of my professors, and we were all forced to read it and write a response, due today.

But how can you respond, in English, to something that isn't really English?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good lord... That kind of writing makes me glad to be an engineering major.

Michael Strangeways said...

Is this supposed to be an example of bad writing?

It's dreadful.