Monday, February 18, 2008

Bungee Jumping: A Guided Tour



See here, this is right before I made the jump. The guy wanted to take a picture with me. That smile is fake. If you ever see me smiling like that, know that I am hiding terror with a smile.



Those are my legs. When you bungee jump, they tie your legs together with some sort of cushion, and then they tie straps around the cushion. The man said something to me about how that rope was so strong it could lift a truck, or something. Again, I’m not quite sure what he was saying because all I could think about was what would happen if I shat my pants mid flight. Can poop fly? This is a question I’m honestly asking myself..



This is me being held back, about to jump off the highest bridge in Africa. I’m saying something along the lines of “there is no fucking way I’m jumping off the highest bridge in Africa.”



This is me jumping. This is all wrong. You’re supposed to dive head-first, not hop off the bridge. I hopped.



Plummeting.



Hello nature. I am looking at you from upside down. You are calm, I am not.



This part is really quite beautiful, except for the fact that you think you’re going to slip through the harness and die.



“Herro?”



Afterwards, you feel like the greatest person on earth.

No comments: