Monday, January 21, 2008

Blatantly Uneducated Experience of a South African Church

Ok so you've seen Sister Act II right? You know the part where the young black boy sings "and jesus waaaaaaaaaaaaashed my sins away!" Do you? Ok so multiply the orgasm you got when you heard him hit that high note by 570 because every single person in the township church I visited sings as well as that boy in Sister Act II. I'm talking surround sound, everyone automatically jumps in and finds their part. There's no half-assin it, no worrying what other people are going to say.

I sat, I cried, I almost shat my pants.

Oh and this was the first time I've been to a church and seen someone get posessed by the holy ghost or whatever. Two black ladies started hootin and hollerin and shakin their bodies and yelling in a quiveriung voice "MANALIKATOOBANACAFASOLONO FASOTINA HAGACANANAMATO!"

The whole congregation just stopped and stared at them before we started again.

After the women were done yelling, they lookced like they were about to cry. It must be stressful getting posessed by God every time you come to church.

No comments: