Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Remember When You Were Young and Sometimes You Thought You Were a Cat?



Also found in the preschool library: a picture of a child playing a game called "poor pussy." He is sitting on all fours, and he looks like he is about to cry. Three young girls are seated around him, terrorizing him, taking delight in his pain. If you can't read the words in the picture, they say:


Fred mews three times in front of Janet, and each time she has to say, "poor pussy" and stroke him. William pulls faces and wriggles his body while he mews. It doesn't help; he cannot get Janet to laugh. Now William is coming towards me. "Mi-a-a-ow!" he says and blinks his eyes and wriggles his ears. I can't help giggling and now I am "on" and have to be the poor pussy.


This was found in an American book on different games to play with your friends. I remember when I was young and I sometimes thought I was a cat. This was a joyous time for me, but obviously not for this kid. Is it just me or does he look like he's being sodomized?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're not losing your mind. He does look like he's being sodomized. From the front and especially from the back by the girls who look like they could be using some toy from Babeland or worse yet the Crypt. Poor chap.